Panther Group with Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GatorDrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my water tested and all things were well. My LFS said it was an "A".

I just did a 20% water change.

However, tonight I looked at my Panther Grouper and noticed that he had some of his fin missing.

Other tank mates are: Niger Trigger, Stars & Stripes Puffer, Minatis Grouper, and a lionfish.

Pictures are attached. Any ideas as to the problem?

Attachments

• img_0296_226.jpg
    img_0296_226.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 40
  • img_0297_182.jpg
    img_0297_182.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 50
  • img_0298_956.jpg
    img_0298_956.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 47
This happened to my damsels after my first water change. How did you mix your water? The reason I am asking is, if that happened after the water change, that could be the reason. I had the same thing happen on my 1st PWC, I didn't mix it for at least 24 hours or a PH. I think it caused some stress and they went after eachother. I am not too sure if fin rot is prevalent in SW fish....

I did not see any of your tank information listed in the "myinfo" button. I can only hope that those fish are in about 150 gallon tank or so? If not, that will be the problem. You have very aggressive fish listed as tankmates and if they are in a smaller tank, you are probably seeing fin nippage and not fin rot.

Hara said:
I did not see any of your tank information listed in the "myinfo" button. I can only hope that those fish are in about 150 gallon tank or so? If not, that will be the problem. You have very aggressive fish listed as tankmates and if they are in a smaller tank, you are probably seeing fin nippage and not fin rot.

it appears to be a 90g

reading this thread is interesting as it ends with "After some discussion, I think I'm going to add just one or so more fish. Possibly a lion fish. After the lion, I'll save up for a good skimmer to be able to handle it all..."

I wonder what happened to the eels... and the blenny

Back
Top Bottom