ParaGuard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes use it in the bag before i put the fish in. I'v read that its a very good product. Stressguard is also very good, i have been using it for a sick clown to help him with his slime coat and it seems to be working well.

That's good to know. Would you consider it good enough for Ich? The label says it can be used for Ich but somehow I don't know if it's effective. I'm using it as a dip right now, not for Ich, but for an odd grayish patches on my pacific blue. In the photo, you'll notice the gray patches on the black part of the fish. Ignore all the white salt that's stuck to the slime coat, this fish likes to play dead on the bare bottom QT that has a bit of salt left over from the daily 50%PWC. I couldn't figure out what this problem is so I've assumed it's fungal and been using green malachite for 5 days now but I don't see any improvement. Paraguard seems to treat everything according to their site. I would love to hear more about it.

Cheers

W

Attachments

• image-2177663949.jpg
    image-2177663949.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 124
The fish is doing well so far, I'm treating it in the QT with ParaGuard. After the dip I didn't see any improvement so I left the fish for a few days with clean water in the QT then I decided to try Cupramine, after about 2 days I contacted Seachem who advised that Cupramine won't help since hypo didn't work earlier, so they recommended I terminate the Cupramine treatment and treat the fish in ParaGuard. They said a dip won't show immediate results, but the treatment should yield better results.

So that's what I'm doing now. Here is a better photo.

At this point I have few options. I'm still unsure what the problem is but hope that ParaGuard would help.

Attachments

• image-1356827040.jpg
    image-1356827040.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 142
looks better, i think haha. I used quick cure on my clown fish (don't know what she had either but she wasn't breathing out of one gill and it was all clogged up with white stuff).

Google Image Result for http://www.petgoldfish.net/file/quickcure.jpg

there's a picture of the stuff. It's active ingredients are formalin and malachite green. Worked right away, she was eating the next day and breathing from both gills, I also added seachems stress guard (which can be added with any none copper medicine) and it seemed to really help as well.

Just something to look into if the paraguard doesn't work : )

Well, the fish died today. I'm quite sad about it really as I was very fond of this one and I've spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to make her better. Daily 50% PWC, meds, followup on her behavior...etc. Its a shame. She was full of energy one minute, behaving normal, then poof!

Thanks for the support and info shared by all on the forum.

cheers

Wael

Awe I'm sorry to here that :( I had that happen to a powder blue tang that i was quarantining, he was eating and happy in the morning, and dead by the time i got home from school.

Back
Top Bottom