Picture of the sad anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissamustang

Aquarium Advice Addict
:( I was just bragging on what a nice little home the clown has when now..............The anemone is looking ruffed up :cry:

This stinks........ I hope it will be ok. First is the bubble now........... :bawl:
Second pick is the one in hiding.

Attachments

• mvc-158f.jpg
    mvc-158f.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 82
  • mvc-147f_877.jpg
    mvc-147f_877.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 92
What makes you think there is something wrong? You can see better than we can and can watch it's behavior. Right now, I wouldn't worry. Anemones about once a day or every other day will draw up and look like death for a few minutes. This is normally a sign that they are expelling wastes or getting ready to. How long has it been drawn up?

For a good while now...i know what you are talking about expelling....I hope that is what it is doing........Last post I was so happy....Now I jump the gun :oops:

Reason I asked is because they shrivel up when they move and mine has been moving for years now

The cinnamon clown has gotten mean since it made the anemone its home. If I put my hand in the tank for anything now it will attack me.

You bet they are pretty rough in defending their home. All a clown is is a glorified damsel. In temprement anyway :roll:

I can chase him off and he will turn around and bite me again. We may be having fish and chips for lunch tomorrow. :D

sry to say but that clown fish MUST get outa there asap...
if not ur anemone will just get worse everyday if it doesn't open up for some light.

oyf709 said:
sry to say but that clown fish MUST get outa there asap...
if not ur anemone will just get worse everyday if it doesn't open up for some light.

I disagree. The clown is doing what he's supposed to by protecting the anemone. I find it amusing. I have two very territorial GSM's and they are comical in their protection of their anemone.

Back
Top Bottom