The problem is you need to remove all the fish for the treatment to work, even the clowns. As long as a fish host remains the in main, the parasite will survive and the treated fish will just become reinfected once you return them to the main.
I would opt for at least a 40 gallon so you can keep control of the water quality.
Hypo is a great option, you will need a good refractometer to measure the SG
with accuracy. It is very important to keep it at treatment level.
If you wish to use chemical means, we generally suggest cupramine. It is well tolerated by most fish.
Each treatment has its downside. With hypo you need to monitor PH
, (its tends to dive with lowered SG
) and you need to monitor the SG
itself. With copper you need to monitor the meds dosage and the ammonia daily as it tend to kill off most of the biological filter.