Probiotic Vs. Ich.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've definately got a case of ich going on right now. I'm still having trouble getting the temp swings under control since I upgraded my lighting. I've decided to try treating the display with probiotic. Its advertised as stopping the larval stages. So while I don't expect an instant death it should phase out with treatment. I had planned on a QT and copper treatment. But since I could find no information on this product, I decided to to a test and eval for the good of the community. The infestation is light and all my fish are colorful, active, and have their normal appetites so I believe they will be fine. If the infestations shows no sign of waning, other actions will be taken. I don't feel too great about performing the experiment on my fish, but its advertised as completely reef safe so could be a good treatment in the future for others with this problem.

I sincerely hope this works for you but the idea behind it is a little flawed. The Probiotic wouldn't really be affective against parasitic problems. If this where a re-occuring bacterial or viral issue I'd think it would have merit but using a strain of bacteria to fight a non-bacterial problem doesn't add up. :?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom