Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to SeriousDude5
Just got out of the shower needed to chew some tobacco as well <nerves> the purple tang has passed cleaning crew is fast at work. I hope it doesnt spread to the rest of the tank at leat it went fast :'( time to remove the carcus.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:45 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear Bud. At least it passed now instead of 3am.....

Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Is there a posibility of it spreading to other fish? Right now I thrw it outside my loss is going back to the enviorment. Something will feast of it. The only good thing that came out of this was it died before I went to bed if it rotted in there over night then problems would happen. Though my cleaning crew was fast to act I wrestled with a crab to remove it.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:58 AM   #24
steve-s

Keep the water quality high and ensure you do a few good sized water changes with well aged/aerated SW. Ensure all foods fed are soaked in a good marine vitamin for the next while and at least weekly there after. An otherwise healthy fish can fight this on it's own providing their immune system is up to snuff, if this is what I think...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...=429622#429622

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-07-2005, 02:03 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

good marine vitamin? I use flake for the 2 chromi that are in the tank now. And the manderine Well he eats the pods. I will be keeping a locse eye on them however before I venture out for new fish this weekend. I hope to God my tank doesnt fall apart. I will doing a good sized water change tommrow 15gal of 65 Thats nearly 1/4 how many of these should I do and how often?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Brodie
Truly sorry to hear of your loss. Hope your other tankmates will be o.k.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #27
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousDude5
good marine vitamin? I use flake for the 2 chromi that are in the tank now. And the manderine Well he eats the pods.
Flake can be okay but it should not be the only thing you feed. Fish need a variety of foods including meats and veggies. Try to rotate in some mysis and other frozen preparations on opposite days to the flake. Use the frozen foods to soak in with Selcon, Zoecon or other marine liquid vitamin.

Quote:
I will be keeping a locse eye on them however before I venture out for new fish this weekend. I hope to God my tank doesnt fall apart.
I would wait on any new additions for a few weeks just to be on the safe side. There is most likely no reason for concern but it's best to play safe. I seriously doubt this incident will be your tanks undoing

Quote:
I will doing a good sized water change tommrow 15gal of 65 Thats nearly 1/4 how many of these should I do and how often?
I would do about 3-4 15-20% water changes over the next 7-10 days. Just be sure the new SW has had a good day to mix with a powerhead before use.

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok I but I need to get fish this weekend because company is coming over on Monday and want the tank to look its best but nothing to expensive YET perhaps a clown and a coby a combined total of under $20. I will do a water change tonight, Thur, and Sat. of 10-15 gal.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #29
steve-s

8O
Old 06-07-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

nevermind, i r retarted. Sorry for the loss of your PT. They really are a beautiful fish.

Tags
die, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com