Purple Tang DEAD!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
next summer is when I am looking to upgrade. I plan on doing a dsb instead of cc too.

I've seen a 15" sailfin..boy they look awesome..

Thanks Cindy..

I'm gunna try the blue tang and naso in the 100gal..and see if my friend wants my sailfin.. he's small at the moment.. 3inches.. but yeah looking into the future..!

Matt...If you did not see any signs of aggression on the tang (nipped fins, other trauma), any signs of disease/infection/parasites and all parameters are okay I would look to the diet of the purple tang. When my purple tang died I actually learned a lot about nutrition (thanks to Steve). What are you currently feeding, how much, how often?

Brian,

Marine green
Bloodworms
Plankton
Mysis Shrimp

This is apart of the normal feeding, I do every night. I also attach nori to clips on the side of the tank.. Although generally they get eaten pretty quickly.

I soak the food in vitamin supplement every couple of days also (garlic juices etc)

I am unsure to get another one or not, but will go in the 100gal if i do so..

Do you think it is worth getting another..?

your 100 is at capacity after you add what is in the quarantine tank! Don't make the same mistakes again.

I agree you are maxed out. Do you hang nori or seaweed salad for you tangs to graze on?

This is apart of the normal feeding, I do every night. I also attach nori to clips on the side of the tank.. Although generally they get eaten pretty quickly.

Thanks Hara! Don't know how I missed that :oops:

because in our attempts to help as many people as possible, we sometimes miss things...no worries

I appreciate both your help Hara/Lando. As I am quite a young chap and will definately be doing this until I am so so very old, I'm just wondering if there was anything else I was doing wrong, or was it just the space issue. Many years down the track I'll probably start another tank and would love to have a purple tang again.

Thanks again,

Matt

Back
Top Bottom