red threadlike worms in my gravel... yuck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
this morning i saw some red worms reaching out from the gravel like they are trying to find food... they were hiding under my live rocks, are they bad news? what should i do with them? please help :( :? i think they scared away my blenny cause the rock used to be his cave... now he's homeless

thanks for the great info, i feel much better knowing that they are good for my tank... i freaked out cause i have worm phobia or whatever it's called... they give me the creeps, i never thought i'd like them someday.. :D i think they are constructing some kind of tunnel using small grains of sand and gravel. cool!

Do they look like this....

Good worms, sign of a healthy tank

Attachments

• wormsize1.jpg
    wormsize1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 713
yes that's them, some worms have some sort of tiny hairs, some looks like long threads and they are both red in color, and you know what new hitchhiker i found inside my tank this morning? a tiny crab.. it's only a 1cm, it's color light yellow with orange spots :D :D

Most hitchhikers are nice extras. I decided to make my tank claw-less. All crabs are in another tank along with two cbs that did in my peppermint shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom