Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

rose bulb was killing my tank!! question also

Well you read it right over the last 4 weeks or just shy I have seen a decrease in the over all health of the tank.Corals started shutting ,dying,etc... So I jumped on the flat worm wagon and got rid of them ,but that didn;t solve it

Then yesterday morning I come to see the rosebulb dead in a power head I jsut moved. I was pissed then I looked teh tank went from like 2 (on a 1-10 scale) to a 4. Zoo's where open again, finger was out just looked alot better in there. So I wait a day everyhting is open again and starting to regain some health they where all getting ready to die completely so I am happy to lose a $50 rose bulb.

Question is what the hell was it doing and why me? Tons of people keep them right?

Old 06-07-2004, 08:46 PM   #2

Sounds like it was unhappy. When there happy they stay put, either you didn't have enough light and flow, or you had to much light and flow. Even if the water is bad it may wander. I know some will wander or hide when under MH.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:36 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

na he was happy, he liked to move tehn stay for a day or so then move agian,In and out of the light. My qeustion is what it did to almost destroy the rest of the tank when it was alive?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 PM   #4

No he wasn't happy. A happy anemone dosen't move at all. They sting corals and irritate, if not kill them. They can also release chemicals into the water.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Rose anemone usually are fairly predatory against corals as well....from what I have been told.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:18 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Six line, he was happy nad healthy. I watch my tank non stop I can tell when it is ok and when it is a miss.The rose would sit and pirch for days then move.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:24 AM   #7

Im not trying to argue with you, but when a rose feels comftable and has everything it needs they stay put. If it moves at all that is a sign that it is not happy with its location. Even if he nice and wide open, they shouldn't move once settled. This is exactly why he went into the PH cause he was wandering.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

kidkameleon, six-line doesn't mean anything against you so don't take it personally.. but he's right that the reason it kept moving around was that it wasn't happy with something, and it was probably stinging everything while it moved.

If you ever decide to get another I would definitely get some sponges to put around the inlets of anything it might get sucked into.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

ya no hard feeligns, just MO.I watched the tank a few hours aday it is in my home office room. Ya I needed to have them sponged anyway.I geuss it is good I didnlt casue I would have never geussed it.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:27 AM   #10

If you put sponges on the PHs make sure you clean them regularly. Otherwise it will cause nitrates, when the wastes build up.

Tags
bulb, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com