Rough day :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My eel died and I think my blue painted lobster died too :(

The lobster was molting and I think he had complications and died is that possible????? I just did a 10 gallon water change last night. It's a 75

In the process of checking the levels now

Sorry for your losses. I believe that it is possible for a lobster to pass due to molting complications.

Not sure on this one.

If I had to guess, I would just say make sure that no fish are picking on it and water parameters are good. I don't low if these make a difference in your issue, but it is just a guess.

Here's an excellent site I use to trouble shoot. These guys are very helpful. Have you added iodine to help with molting?

I had not added iodide :-/ I've meant to but just always forgot. He got his tail out but he never got his head or legs molted. Do they molt their heads?

My eel died and I think my blue painted lobster died too :(

The lobster was molting and I think he had complications and died is that possible????? I just did a 10 gallon water change last night. It's a 75

In the process of checking the levels now

I've had this problem with an hawaiian pink lobster which died during molting,its new shell actually split during the molt.

Ammonia was 0

Nitrites were 0

nitrates were like 0-5

How often do you do water changes?
You shouldn't have to add any idodine to your tank if you are using a quality salt and are doing regular water changes.

I use instant ocean reef crystals and it's usually 1 every 2 weeks about 20%

Back
Top Bottom