Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2003, 03:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Sick Chromis?

First off I have in my tank 4 small Green Chromis and a Bi-color blenny. On saturday I noticed that 1 of the chromis had a few little white spots on him. I just watched because the LFS would not be open until Monday. Well, I turned on the lights this morning and noticed that the white spots are starting to spread a little, and that his tail fin has turned black. But none of the othere Chromis are suffering.

I went to the LFS at lunch today and asked him. My nitrates are a little high (almost 40 ppm right now, doing a water cahnge tomorrow) but ammonia and ph are fine. He said not to worry. He is swimming around. But I just find it hard to believe that a black tail is a normal thing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Join the Alabama Regional Forum!
MACATUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to MACATUA Send a message via MSN to MACATUA Send a message via Yahoo to MACATUA
Noone knows?

Old 08-27-2003, 10:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to talenzmeier
Other Questions

Is your sick Chromis showing any other symptoms such as lack of appetite, regularly hiding, or rubbing of any kind? Have you tried adding Melaflix to your tank? Marineland (as well as SeaChem and others) sells a product called Bio-Coat that helps alleviate stress and to help the fish with their slime coat. Your lfs is wrong, IMHO, to say that there's nothing to worry about. Something is happening! Do you have a hospital tank? If so, you might put him in there for a week.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, the suffering is over, I lost my first fish And it really made me feel bad to. I didn't know a fish I had for 2 weeks could upset me, but I guess it can.

Tags
chromis, ick, sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com