sick naso

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nosaj81

Aquarium Advice Activist
so today i noticed my naso has some marks on it wondering what they are
1779066_10151933534285665_503047774_n.jpg

I'll rephrase. Do you have some sort of saltwater algae eater that might have taken a shine to your fish's slime coat? They do exist, though I'm not an expert in this area and can't give you species names.

I'll rephrase. Do you have some sort of saltwater algae eater that might have taken a shine to your fish's slime coat? They do exist, though I'm not an expert in this area and can't give you species names.

Tons of sw organisms eat algae. Remoras are a fish that live on sharks if that's what you're thinking of. They're not a home aquaria species though. That tang is either in poor water quality or not eating a varied diet

in the middle of the marks, the white parts, is that flesh??? or is that on the outside of the tang? also what do you generally feed the naso and what other fish are living with it?

My starry blenny hated my foxface and would chomp him any chance he got, could be something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom