sick tang???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same Nori. You can feed frozen leafy vegatables like lettuce and spinage and broccoli. It's better to stay with the stuff you can find in the ocean and use the others as treats.

Hey, no one mentioned this, but you "bought" anemones? Or are you talking about aptaisia (glass anemone)? If you bought anemones like the bubble tips, carpet, etc.. you may be in way over your head. Your tank is only 3 weeks old.. and anemones require mature and completely established tanks to survive. The tank has to be at LEAST a year old, and have the least amount of water fluctuations physically possible, because they are extremely sensitive to any water changes, even the slightest ones. I would take the nems back to where you got them, and dont think about nems until your tank is at least 8-12months mature. Your tank is still new, so water flucts are a given.. Water Fluctuations + anemone = bad things.

actually a friend gave me all of those things and i tried to give them to the lfs but they wont take them because they say it might risk their tanks, i know its not the bubble tips or carpet i thing he called them long tentacles atleast thats wat he said, this is a pic of one of them while i was testing my lights both of them are doing fine, one almost got suck into the filter but i was able to save it because i turned the filter off and it moved on it own now i put a sponge on the power heads intake and the filter aswell and now both of them are doing extremly fine and they eat really good

In Your situation..Being given the nems and the the LFS not taking then and Since your tank is very new it's a good thing that you are feeding them.
If the other person called them long tentacle anemone it might be a "Macrodactyla doreensis"

Last edited:
yeah i actually feed the brine shrimp and i put it right on top of them so they can get it, also i put live plankton (i think thats how they spell it) and once a week i add this thing called fuel, how often should i feed them??????????

Once a week is fine. use something larger then plankton. even small silversides is great.

silversides are small fish. Brine shrimp is not bad for them, but they need a varied diet.

Hey, no one mentioned this, but you "bought" anemones? Or are you talking about aptaisia (glass anemone)? If you bought anemones like the bubble tips, carpet, etc.. you may be in way over your head. Your tank is only 3 weeks old.. and anemones require mature and completely established tanks to survive. The tank has to be at LEAST a year old, and have the least amount of water fluctuations physically possible, because they are extremely sensitive to any water changes, even the slightest ones. I would take the nems back to where you got them, and dont think about nems until your tank is at least 8-12months mature. Your tank is still new, so water flucts are a given.. Water Fluctuations + anemone = bad things.

(y)

oh ok and do they sell them live and if they do how do i feed it to them do i actually grab them and put them on top of them like the brine shrimp

Personally I target feed my nem Mussle, Cockle, Prawns & Silversides it catches what else it can ie brineshrimp mysis etc........... your LFS should have frozen packs you can buy alternatively I by Cockle, Mussle & Prawn form my local Superstore the same stuff I would eat (saved a fortune and this was advised from my LFS they're great help), just not in any brine, plain old frozen should be fine....I even break up the prawn bits to give the fish a fleshy treat..............

Thanks for your help, also im gettin alot of alge on my sand only and somebody told me its because i have too much phosphate but the test that i did mark me as zero

You may well have to much PO3 in your tank, but the algae is using it up so your test will show "0". It is more then likely diatoms and it is fueled by PO3 and silicas in your sand. cut back on your feedings, everyother day and keep up with your PWC and you should be good to go. This happens to all new tanks.

Last edited:
oh k thanks so ill feed them once every other day thanks, also my friend said that the diamondback goby should help with it but he seems to just dig hoes

Back
Top Bottom