Smeegle Died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

possum

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well i thought i had my tank covered pretty well but i guess not cuz when i was looking at the tank earlier i noticed something poking out from under the stand. That something turned out to be a dried up carpet surfing snowflake eel.

I'm sorry for your loss :cry: , my first snowflake was found in the kitchen...headed towards the fridge, probably went looking for the beer ;)

Maybe thats what it is kevin he musta smelled the hard cola my wife poured down the sink last night :)

Once I found my snowflake on the floor in front of the tank, the next morning I found
my watchman on the floor too. They must have made a pact!!! :( Maybe
the tank wasn't as clean as I thought !!! Ha Ha Ha

Sorry about your eel, that is a bummer. :(

Herm... I am wondering this: Since many people (including me) like to keep the top as open as possible, what material could you stretch over a custom "lid" frame that would fit onto the entire top of the tank, if one had suspended lighting?

Optimal material would allow for this: The jumpers would bounce back off of it, the light spectrum would not be changed, and the top would still be wide open air-wise for maximum gas exchange.

When you worked in the tank you could just lift it off.

Something like the material found in nylons or something.

Just a thought.

my first snowflake was found in the kitchen...headed towards the fridge,

I had a Snowflake many many years ago ... found him in the exact same spot.

So SO sorry for your loss. That really stinks. :-( :(

Since many people (including me) like to keep the top as open as possible, what material could you stretch over a custom "lid" frame that would fit onto the entire top of the tank, if one had suspended lighting?

A lot of ppl use eggcrate - diffuses the light a bit, but to some ppl, it is worth it as a "trade off" to keeping jumpers.

Back
Top Bottom