Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2005, 03:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to sacalaitman Send a message via AIM to sacalaitman Send a message via Yahoo to sacalaitman
spadefish with ich?

Yesterday morning i fed my spade and humu trigger and everything was fine. Noticed that they were rubbing on a peice of rock a few times but didnt look like anything major. That night, I looked in the tank before i went to bed and the spade was COVERED in white dots that looked like sugar. I said "oh no" and went to bed. woke up today, most of the spots are gone. should i pull him out and put him into my 20gal long and put my small snapper into the 55gal and treat him? what are my options. cant do copper in the main tank because i have too many inverts like starfish and crabs and snails. going to my lfs today and see what they think would be the best course of action.
thanks

Old 11-23-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you sure it is ich then hypo is your best option. Problem is ich is still in your main after you treat the fish. You need to treat both fish with hypo and leave the main fallow for 6-8 weeks. This is the only way to be sure the ich is gone.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to sacalaitman Send a message via AIM to sacalaitman Send a message via Yahoo to sacalaitman
well it looked like ich, but there were so many white spots. i've only seen fish with ich with only a few white spots on them.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

ich can definitely be more than a few spots. I have seen pics of fish covered in spots.

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com