spadefish with ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacalaitman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday morning i fed my spade and humu trigger and everything was fine. Noticed that they were rubbing on a peice of rock a few times but didnt look like anything major. That night, I looked in the tank before i went to bed and the spade was COVERED in white dots that looked like sugar. I said "oh no" and went to bed. woke up today, most of the spots are gone. should i pull him out and put him into my 20gal long and put my small snapper into the 55gal and treat him? what are my options. cant do copper in the main tank because i have too many inverts like starfish and crabs and snails. going to my lfs today and see what they think would be the best course of action.
thanks

If you sure it is ich then hypo is your best option. Problem is ich is still in your main after you treat the fish. You need to treat both fish with hypo and leave the main fallow for 6-8 weeks. This is the only way to be sure the ich is gone.

well it looked like ich, but there were so many white spots. i've only seen fish with ich with only a few white spots on them.

Back
Top Bottom