Tang Update--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but have you noticed any schooling behavior?

To be honest it's hard to tell. They are generally together, but not in a real tight school. A few will wander off quite frequently, it may be something that they will develope over time im just not sure. All in all it's really nice to watch them dive over the rocks then pause to pick the algae then take off again. Then they all take turns getting cleaned by the wrasse.

And any problems with agression between the clowns? I had to return my clarkii after I found the perc had a bite mark in his tail! I guess the tank size is in your favour?

Well, theres a pair of each the percs stay on the left the clarkiis on the right. The male clarkii always picks fights with the percs who will chase him, then he runs to the female who pushes them back to their side. Theres lots of pushing, but I haven't seen any bite marks, I think the tank size has everything to do with it. If I put the 4 in a 55 gallon even im sure the clarkiis would kill the perculas. When I first added the small clarkii the perculas almost killed him, then the female came along and straightened things out.

Back
Top Bottom