tangs died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyhong7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone

Well two of my fish died in one week. A Naso Tang and A Hawaiian Yellow Tang. I have no idea why? It is like every new fish I buy or put in it would last a month? Anyone have an idea? Getting frustated. I am about to give up.

Ok, some basic info is need. What size tank? Water quality parameters? Did you qt? Acclimation proccess? More info is needed.
Let us know.

Most short term deaths are aclimate related. I would slow your aclimating process to as long as possible. Check the LFS parameters before you take the fish home. I was having a problem with fish dying after aclimated before I checked the LFS and there salinity ended up being approx 1.009 where as mine is 1.024... Even the longest aclimation possible is still stressful at that rate. Needless to say I no longer shop there. I lost about 3 or 4 fish each aclimated for minimally 3 or 4 hrs.

jimmyhong7, I see in your previous posts that you had similar problems with a 29-gallon--were the tangs in that tank? If so, that may be your problem right there, as tangs need a lot more tank than that. What are your water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom