Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

there is something fishy about my clown! please help!

I just bought two small perc clowns
and today i noticed that one of them has this string like thing hanging from under his belly in between his two bottom fins.

I hope it is nothing serious.

and i tryed to feed them a few flekes but they dont seem to be very hungry.

and the smaller one likes to hide behind a decoration even though there are no other fish in the aquarium exept the other small clown and a cleaner shrimp.

I would apprieciate any advice,Thanks

Old 08-18-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
steve-s

Re: there is something fishy about my clown! please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermit crab
and today i noticed that one of them has this string like thing hanging from under his belly in between his two bottom fins.
Stringy feces is typically a sign of an internal parasite and may need treating in a QT with a Metronidazole based med. Keep a close eye on it but I would not wait long.

Quote:
and the smaller one likes to hide behind a decoration even though there are no other fish in the aquarium exept the other small clown
New fish hiding is actually quite common. Keep tabs on both for abnormal skin coloration or anything else extrenal that may seem amiss.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com