Torch Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreak1961

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had this for about a week and it shows no sign
of activity. I got a hammer and a chalice (it think thats correct sp) the same day and they seem to be doing great. It looks pretty lifeless to me.
Your thoughts please!

Attachments

• 100_1532.jpg
    100_1532.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 112
It probably doesn't help but I got my torch today and he's opened up. I did get it from an LFS that I carefully matched their water since I am planning on buying from them for pretty much anything alive. Try moving it down to the bottom of the tank. Could it be from light shock?

Make sure it is in low flow area. If it's blasted with flow it will never open up. They like low flow to just very easily sway their tentacles (polyps)

Oh, I've tried that too and no change, so I moved him back
up midway. I ordered him online and he may not be happy
but all of my other corals are thriving. Oh well..... any
thoughts on a new protein skimmer, mine just died :(

It's not happy where it is. I would move it back down to a low flow area and leave it there for a week before looking for improvement.

How much light is it getting?

As for a new PS, look at the Octopus line. What size tank? Do you have your skimmer in sump now, or hang on?

T5HO, 36 gallon, 2 powerheads #1 koralia. I have an AquaC Remora
and it is acting ok now. Skimmer is hanging on. I don't know how much
damage was done or how long it was running with water too low, it was
making awful sounds. I'll move it down some more (torch) and see in a
week.

Are you sure it's a Torch? Granted... it's all closed up, but it just doesn't look torch-ish to me. Almost looks like a Duncan or a Blastomussa of some sort. If it's a Duncan, mine took several days to reopen after I brought it home - way longer than I'm used to with other corals.

Saltwater fish.com sent him with torch on the bag. I'm like u though, doesn't look like what I ordered. The branches are hard limb looking things with no polyps

Back
Top Bottom