upgraded my tank size recently and have had an outbreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wazz72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I upgraded my tank size recently and have had an outbreak, dont know whats causing it? a couple of fish died, but none of the fragile ones.
I have Coraline algae growing everywhere, the Culerpra in the tank is growing, my corals seem ok. Some died off a bit, but have been regrowing.
The Leathers have never looked so good.
All my inverts are ok, Pistol shrimp, 2 Peppermints, and a large cleaner.
Noticed a large crab in the living rock though.
All the filters are pretty much the same, I may need to change the Rowaphos in the reactor though, its been in it for about 9 months now.
Cut down feeding to one cube at night.
Changed the lights from MH to 4 tubes
450L got 3" Powder Tang, 2" Splendid Wrasse, 3" Tailspot Blenny, 4" Sunspot Goby, 2 Clowns & Rose Anemone.

so...you had an outbreak of ich?
upgrading the tank and stirring everything up probably caused a spike. if you didn't QT your fish they may have brought ich in with them, but their immune systems kept it at bay until the stress from the spike, or perhaps upset from the tank move, freaked them out.
i would just do some water changes and wait it out at this point, or you can remove the fish, QT them, and treat them.

what 4 tubes did you replace your halides with? are you sure these are strong enough to support corals and anemones?

btw, i think that phosphate remover should be changed monthly, not yearly! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom