URGENT Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sosik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all im new to SW i just purchase a pair of clown and notice 2 white dots around the eye....should i be worried?

Thanks in Advance!

Can you describe it in detail or maybe some pictures? Do they look like grains of salt attached to the fish or white spots actually on the fish?

was not able to get a good pic but its a sugar like dot above the eye looks to be going away though, just trying to take action before it worsen... gonna try get a uv filter asap

Can you tell us more about the system, if you cycled your system, and how long you've had the fish?
It sounds like it could be ich, which would mean needing to treat in a QT/hospital tank with either hyposalinity or a copper based medication for 6-8 weeks with the display tank fallow to prevent any further infestation of ich.

It's been cycled for 6 month now , don't have a qt set up but thanks for all replies I think I didn't accumulate it correctly so i may have stressed it out its going away now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

FISH IS CLEARED WITH SPOTS TODAY! THANKS GUYS

You only see one of the life stages of ich. The others, where it is living in the sandbed before maturing and swimming up to find a host, can't be seen by the naked eye. I would still suggest treating like I already mentioned as I would bet you'll be seeing those spots again.

Ok thanks sniperhank I will have to a qt tank set up

Back
Top Bottom