Want to save my clown!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mical21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've had my tank goin for about 4 months and got a pair of clowns 2weeks ago. Smaller one was ate by the anemone. Picked up a black clown nxt day and a week later he died. Clean up crew took care of him since I was gone when he died. Now the OG clown looks like he has ich. He is a picky eater so I've been giving the clown prawn roe soaked in garlic. Salinity was high(1.028)so I changed out a gal with RO water today. All parameters are fine as well . PH 8.2-8.4 temp 78-80 degrees ammonia,nitrate,nitrate 0. 24 gal nano with aquatic life 115 skimmer PC lights, 20lbs of rock. (I know I need about another 6lbs. or so) corals,zoas,anemone and clean up crew are doing fine. Been reading up on some reef safe ich medication but it doesn't people have any good revues on it. Any info would be appreciated.

image-3434272263.jpg

image-2790264465.jpg

Mical21 said:
So I've had my tank goin for about 4 months and got a pair of clowns 2weeks ago. Smaller one was ate by the anemone. Picked up a black clown nxt day and a week later he died. Clean up crew took care of him since I was gone when he died. Now the OG clown looks like he has ich. He is a picky eater so I've been giving the clown prawn roe soaked in garlic. Salinity was high(1.028)so I changed out a gal with RO water today. All parameters are fine as well . PH 8.2-8.4 temp 78-80 degrees ammonia,nitrate,nitrate 0. 24 gal nano with aquatic life 115 skimmer PC lights, 20lbs of rock. (I know I need about another 6lbs. or so) corals,zoas,anemone and clean up crew are doing fine. Been reading up on some reef safe ich medication but it doesn't people have any good revues on it. Any info would be appreciated.

Salinity 1.028.

I would drop the salinity to 1.023-1025 if u have a reef or even lower if u have a fowlr like 1.021-1.023. 1.028 is much higher than needed I'd also Drop the salinity slowly over a 1 day or so. How big is your tank?

Reeffanman said:
I would drop the salinity to 1.023-1025 if u have a reef or even lower if u have a fowlr like 1.021-1.023. 1.028 is much higher than needed I'd also Drop the salinity slowly over a 1 day or so. How big is your tank?

24 gal. Nano. I got it to 1.026. So I figure I'll do another gal. later on tonight.

The pics don't really look like ich to me tho. I dont believe there actually are any reef safe ich meds. There are 2 ways of killing it hypo and copper.

Back
Top Bottom