What the...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
My maroon clown had some fin rot so I went out and bought melafix today... now let me tell you that before hand she seemed to be doing well despite the missing fins. I put her in a small holding tank (like they use at the LFS to bag the fish) and add a small drop of melafix (it is 1 tsp per 10 gallons). I let her sit in there for a little bit, maybe 20-30 min, just to make sure that she gets a dosage before she goes back to the bigger tank which I also treated with melafix... well 5-10 minutes after I put her back in the other tank which had identical water, infact she never left the water cause I just emptied the holding tank back in, she dies? Is the cure worse than the disease or what? Once again I must say she looked healthier before I treated her.

Is the cure worse than the disease or what?

I've used Melafix on my 72 gal reef tank with no ill effects.. I was treating a bacterial infection on my yellow tang.. Dosed the tank for about a week and cured the problem... However, when I first started dosing the snails would drop off of the rocks and glass. 8O I would have to turn the right side up.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom