whats wrong with my coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got my first pulsing xenia today and its not fully out everything is still closed i just wanted to make sure it was just an acclimation thing, or if their may be something wrong with my water?

temp - 80
PH-8.0
Nitrite-0
nitrate-0
ammonia-0

They are super sensitive to acclimation. With them I would always acclimate at least an hour. Can't change it now. They will eaither settle in or they won't.

how will i know if its settled in or not, a few of them are extended and pulsing but others are still contracted how long untill i should worry about it?

If some of them are out that's a good sign. It will probably take another couple days for the rest to come around. It may help to also lower the temp a couple degrees.

Don't worry about. There is not really anything you can do at this point. If some are open and pumping the rest should start soon.

IMO those things are like weeds. You cant kill them. Hopefully you`ll be OK. Just make sure you keep good check of your water parameters and you should be OK. Maybe take a water sample to your LFS to double check that your test are OK.

Back
Top Bottom