Yellow tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blrrobinson21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All
I have just got in to the SW hobby. I have a friend who sold me a 110 gal tank that had been up and running for a few years. The tank included 25lbs of lr, 50lbs of sand, 2 tetra filters "i dont know anything about these filters except they hang on the back of the tank and use two bag filters with carbon each." Heaters total of 300wt and fish. The fish include a lipstick tang, tomato clown, bi colored angel and two yellow tangs. My tangs are the one in question. They are both eating, swiming fine and not showing any signs of scratching or iching. The problem is their top and bottom fins are messed up. Its almost like their grinded off. One has a point about the height of what the fins are suppose to extend but its like a mountain and looks like bone. The dont even look like fins just shallow jagged edges. Will they grow back? Also they are both pale in color, not a deep yellow like I have seen in pictures. Again they seem happy and get a long great with each other not showing any signs of aggresion. The moving of the tank was fairly easy and they yellow tangs looked like this before the move. I would of asked the original owner but wasnt sure about anything at the time and really didnt want to insult him. The water parameters are, salinity 1.023 temp 78.5 amme 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 190 "I know this is high and im doing water changes to get it down" Im using they old dip and watch the color sticks. As far as anyother readings I dont have anyother tests. Any ideas guys? Thanks for your time.
Brian

Back
Top Bottom