yuma mushroom help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marquis

Aquarium Advice Freak
my yumas are extremely inflated it seems can someone please help

ForumRunner_20120328_213924.jpg

It could be that they are getting to much light.

carried said:
It could be that they are getting to much light.

i only have quad t5 the person i bought them from had then under MH

Everything I've read seems as though this is normal Ricordea Yuma behavior. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I saw this on another site.

"Just an FYI, the 'bubbles' on the Ricordias are not polyps. Each Ricordia is one indivi dual polyp covered in bumpy growths. Some of those bumps can get quite large and balloon-like. One of mine has bumps that as large as my thumbnail and others (on the same rico) that are corkscrew-shaped."

Oh thanks so this is for sure normal should I lower amount of light?

Im pretty sure. The pics I saw were the same size as yours if not bigger. It said not to worry. Its the shrinking up that would cause concern. If they were unhappy I'd figure they would move. Are they still blown up?

carried said:
Im pretty sure. The pics I saw were the same size as yours if not bigger. It said not to worry. Its the shrinking up that would cause concern. If they were unhappy I'd figure they would move. Are they still blown up?

Yes they are almost golf ball sized and they were like that in the previous tank and multiplying like crazy so they must be happy thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom