2 dead cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok ammo is down to 0-.25ppm .. my api reads yellow but not super bright yellow so thats why i think its not 100% 0ppm..

gonna do more pwc's tomorrow & then hopefully i'll be ok.

& mumma, your no was reffering to quickcure??

i'm gonna add some more salt & turn up the heat a little to see if i can rid the ick naturally

does quickcure effect sand or plants? just wondering for future ref :)

thanks again friends

ronnieroach said:
ok ammo is down to 0-.25ppm .. my api reads yellow but not super bright yellow so thats why i think its not 100% 0ppm..

gonna do more pwc's tomorrow & then hopefully i'll be ok.

& mumma, your no was reffering to quickcure??

i'm gonna add some more salt & turn up the heat a little to see if i can rid the ick naturally

does quickcure effect sand or plants? just wondering for future ref :)

thanks again friends

Yes the no was for quick cure. Don't know what it does to plants.

Good plan. Add the salt in small amounts. You dont want to shock the already shocked fish any more. Same with the temperature. I forget the intervals and temperature increase amounts, but every 6-8 hours, I'd increase the tank a degree or 2, building up to the 80's. Once, I had an ICH outbreak so bad I had to bring the tank to 95f. It was nerveracking for but all the fish made it out ok. Errr... I take that back, I had a huge catfish (rafael?) and he kicked off. But that was it.

You'll want to take the advice of what everybody has told you here and vacuum the substrate. I did mine every day. It will get rid of the ICH that have fallen off and are getting ready to grow and cause trouble.

Also, I bought 'quick cure' years ago, it still sits unopened it its package underneath my tank. I bought it as a worst-case scenario. But ICH can be treated safer with salt/heat. Stay away from chemicals, they can/will put you in a new cycle. I know the thought of adding a chemical and the tank being 'fixed' sounds enticing but it just doesnt work that way.

i have sand in this tank now & any time i've tried to vacuum (about 10 times) i get sand too.. i have had MILD success vac'ing over the sand but not much

should i just do it anyway to TRY & get the ichies?

(& i've used quick cure before with great results & never had any issues after.. i'm just gonna try the natural way first)

ronnieroach said:
i have sand in this tank now & any time i've tried to vacuum (about 10 times) i get sand too.. i have had MILD success vac'ing over the sand but not much

should i just do it anyway to TRY & get the ichies?

(& i've used quick cure before with great results & never had any issues after.. i'm just gonna try the natural way first)

Just hover over the top of it about an inch up. I was shocking at it to begin with but you soon get better with practice.

is it possible my plants are causing the ammo? like 2-3 stalks of my grass plant have tiiiiny brownish tips.. i've been trimming them down but they keep getting brownish

my ammo is almost at 0ppm but i dont know why it isnt totally gone yet .. maybe because 10gals are ridiculous? lol

my stock is down to 4 blue neon tetra & 3 cory .. & the ick is almost gone (no more salt; just heat & pwc's)

ronnieroach said:
is it possible my plants are causing the ammo? like 2-3 stalks of my grass plant have tiiiiny brownish tips.. i've been trimming them down but they keep getting brownish

my ammo is almost at 0ppm but i dont know why it isnt totally gone yet .. maybe because 10gals are ridiculous? lol

my stock is down to 4 blue neon tetra & 3 cory .. & the ick is almost gone (no more salt; just heat & pwc's)

No your plants are not causing ammonia. You just have to be patient. Have to wait for the BB to catch up with the load. Make sure you keep treating the ich for 10-14 days even if it appears to be gone. And keep up with the PWC.

Back
Top Bottom