Angels behaving unusually!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanjaypalayat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My very young 1 inch Angels fishes are behaving unusually for past 1 week.

• They are not having food.

• Roaming inside the tank very fast as if they are going to jump out of the tank.

• They used to have tummy full food before, but these days seems not showing interest in having food.
What kind of disease is this!!!

Can you post your parameters:
Ammonia -
Nitrite -
Nitrate -
pH -
Temp -

How long has the tank been established?
Have you correctly cycled the tank?

My tank has been established for past 4 months and other fishes are very healthy including my big red eye angels, the problem is with my little angels as i mentioned earlier, they were very healthy till last week, but have become like this recently!! i dont know the above stats!!

This is my Tank!!
[youtube]2mhkzEaFONg[/youtube]

It's going to be very hard to diagnose if you are unsure of your water parameters.

What size is the tank?
What are you using for filtration?
How many fish in the tank and what size are they?

It's going to be very hard to diagnose if you are unsure of your water parameters.

What size is the tank?
What are you using for filtration?
How many fish in the tank and what size are they?

Just watch the video of my tank!!

Sponge filters are being used!! i used to change waters every week!! and in the video i posted u can see moscow blue guppies, that just for the sake of taking video i have added!! presently i have a pair of gold fish, black gold, a pair of red eye angels only in the tank along with the angel young ones!!

After having a look at the video - it still poses a few questions:
What size is the tank?
Water Parameters?
Ammonia -
Nitrite -
Nitrate -
pH -
Temp -

From that video your tank seems over stocked.

I'm trying to find a resolution with as little info as possible.
It's like going to the doctors and asking them to diagnose your illness by saying: "I'm not feeling well".

Maybe someone with more exprience can diagnose this??

you should def go get a liquid test kid for ammonia, nitrItes, nitrAtes and ph. it'll be alot easier to diagnose. also, is your tank heated? what is the temperature at. and how my gallons is your tank?

I don't know what kind of goldfish those are, but I do know most like temps of around 72*, and the angels prefer 82*.

Watching the video makes me think they are not eatting because they are teenage female fish who think they are fat and thus on a diet. And i think they race around the tank cause they have A.D.D. and thus might need some angel fish proscribed prozac.

Without real tank data thats about the best i can do. Hope that helps

Currently have and raise angels and I no that if your temp is not around 82 then they will ether become "sleepy" or hyperactive. I would tell you not to keep angels and goldfish together. We realy do need:eek: to see your temp of your tank!! Angels are hot water fish and goldfish are cold water fish.

Have you tried anyother foods?? Angels can be rather picky sometimes!!

After having a look at the video - it still poses a few questions:
What size is the tank?
Water Parameters?
Ammonia -
Nitrite -
Nitrate -
pH -
Temp -

From that video your tank seems over stocked.

I'm trying to find a resolution with as little info as possible.
It's like going to the doctors and asking them to diagnose your illness by saying: "I'm not feeling well".

Maybe someone with more exprience can diagnose this??
Its not overstocked, i have mentioned in the earlier post that for the sake of taking video i have added some extra fishes which i removed after that, currently my unhealthy angels (2 in number) are in another tank with sponge filters!! here in India, Kerala we have natural tropical climate and in domestic aquariums people hardly use temperature stabilizers!!

What good is the video if its not even of the tank and occupiants having issues?

ok...I read all the previous comments....

I will simply ask...if they are in a newer tank...was the new tank established prior to adding them. If not, it could be that your tank is not cycled and you have either ammonia or nitrites make the fish sick. Nearly jumping out of the water is a symptoms of this.

I would recommend doing an 80% water change and when adding the water back, use dechlorinator and reduce the water level to increase surface aggitation, thus increasing the oxygen in the water. This will only help a bit if there are high levels of ammonia in the tank.

Definitely monitor the ammonia and nitrite levels on both of your tanks to be sure there are no ammonia spikes and that it is cycled.

You have some nice fish. But you should seriously consider the previous suggestions of people in separating the goldfish from the angels. They require very different water temperatures and diets. The guppies should be fine with the angels for now. To be sure, your angles will outgrow your current tank setup within a year or two depending on if any match up. For that reason, I would also consider your tank overstocked. You will eventually need to rehome some of them.
Good luck. I hope the little guys feel better soon.

ok...I read all the previous comments....

I will simply ask...if they are in a newer tank...was the new tank established prior to adding them. If not, it could be that your tank is not cycled and you have either ammonia or nitrites make the fish sick. Nearly jumping out of the water is a symptoms of this.

I would recommend doing an 80% water change and when adding the water back, use dechlorinator and reduce the water level to increase surface aggitation, thus increasing the oxygen in the water. This will only help a bit if there are high levels of ammonia in the tank.

Definitely monitor the ammonia and nitrite levels on both of your tanks to be sure there are no ammonia spikes and that it is cycled.

You have some nice fish. But you should seriously consider the previous suggestions of people in separating the goldfish from the angels. They require very different water temperatures and diets. The guppies should be fine with the angels for now. To be sure, your angles will outgrow your current tank setup within a year or two depending on if any match up. For that reason, I would also consider your tank overstocked. You will eventually need to rehome some of them.
Good luck. I hope the little guys feel better soon.

Thanku guys for the suggestions!! the tank is already established and other fishes are in a healthy condition, i will buy one Ammonia kit, temprature is constant, i just checked it out @ 82

Thanks for the laugh today!

Watching the video makes me think they are not eatting because they are teenage female fish who think they are fat and thus on a diet. And i think they race around the tank cause they have A.D.D. and thus might need some angel fish proscribed prozac.

Without real tank data thats about the best i can do. Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom