Bamboo Shrimp possibly burnt by heater UPDATE:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaylasmee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We noticed a few weeks ago that our Bamboo Shrimp was hanging out on the heater. We checked on him a day later and he was ghostly pale, with what I assumed to be, at first, a cyst of some sort, but it turned into what looked like a blister (I posted this previously).. He is now back to his bright red color and eating normally. The "blister" has gone away, but there is now, in place of it, a gaping hole in his side. It doesn't look very pleasant, and I just want to make sure he will be okay??

I suppose, as with any open wound, there's a chance it could get infected, but he should heal fine.

Do you know of any antibiotic that I could possibly squirt into the water that would help with the healing process or to elude infection? Thank you for your help!

Well, a bamboo shrimp is a filter feeder...... hmmmmmmmmm.... you could try to get some vita chem or garlic guard soaked into something like brine shrimp. See if he'll eat that.

Those are always good suggestions.

You could also dose a small bit of salt and remove it when he's healed.

I'd say only do one of these things, don't want to overkill!

My ADF's use to hang around the heater because they were cold.
I never knew until I found out the correct temp as some sites said different things.

Have you checked out what the correct temp is for the shrimp?
Im sure you have and he is probs injured.

Just wanted to say that was all

Thanks
Aston

Back
Top Bottom