Betta Checkup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello
If it is possible, could someone perform a "fish checkup" on my Mum's Betta? He has torn fins probably from racing around the plastic plants too much (plastic plant gone now) but i was thinking, could it be finrot however? If you see something suspicious, please advise me?

Thankyou gratefully for your help! :)

I have no clue what finrot looks like, but the betta looks to be okay, and I think he will be able to regrow his fins. That is a 'problem' with such long-finned betta's, their fins are easily torn on decorations.

Beautiful betta!

I'd say your betta looks fine as well. Nice long fins, plump body. I'd say he just is showing signs of torn fins from the plants and decos. Keep your water quality top notch, maybe add soem stress coat to the water, and you should be good to go. :wink:

Hard to tell cus the fins are already red, but he looks fine to me as well. If chunks start disinagrating then its fin rot, just keep water clean and he'll be fine :)

I don't see any sign of finrot either. The small clear patch on his tail looks like new "skin" growing already. On my bettas, when I've seen this clear growth, rather than black strings, the fins are already starting to heal. Like the others have said, keep the water clean and warm -- about 80 degrees F or 27 degrees C, and try not to let the temperature fluctuate.

the tank is a 4gal, and it has a double psonge filter with a little bit of aeration at the top. Wit every change, we just use a triple strength dechlorinator/ager. Will be getting a heater soon. Thanx for your advice! great to know he's fit and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom