Betta fish has swim bladder disorder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
My betta fish has swim bladder disorder but he won't eat the peas I give him. I follow the instruction of giving him no food for 3 days and then feeding him peas on the fourth day. But no signs of him eating the peas any ideas

1 tablespoon Epsom salt per 5g, repeated every day after a wc for 3 days. Up the temperature to between 82 and 86 degrees and increase surface agitation. Don't feed during this time. I do this for my discus and normally it actually works within one day.

The Betta I used to have wouldn't eat peas either. Thankfully he never had an issue with swim bladder disorder or constipation so I never had to worry. I agree with Paytertot. Salt and warm water usually does it with Bettas. I hope your little fishy gets better soon.

I believe they can die from it. You should be able to find the salt at your nearest Walmart/CVS/Walgreens or some store like that. It's used as a both salt to relax your muscles. When you buy it make sure that it doesn't have anything added to it like scents or dyes. That can kill your Betta. You are looking for plain Epsom salt, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom