betta siamese fighting fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Around about 6 wks ago now we bought a betta and put him in our community tank, I was unaware that my black skirt tetras would nip his fins but seen as tho they did we put him in his own 4.5g tank and he's been fine since but since the nipping his fins has been sort of stuck together and they don't flow openly like they should, I'm not sure my pics will do it justice but has anybody expirienced anything similar and ifso how can I fix the little fella?

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• image-721538081.jpg
    image-721538081.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3594159630.jpg
    image-3594159630.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 73
Yeh the tank was set up ages ago cycled wit ammonia from a local diy store and we kept it as a quarenteen tank until our betta needed it

Ok, sounds good. Clamped fins can be from a few different things, but it's usually foul water. How often are you doing water changes?

Clean water. In a tank 5 gallons and smaller, you should do 2 water changes a week. Try changing like 20-25% of the water every day for a while, and see if that helps.
What is the temp in the tank?

Sounds good. Keep me updated on how it goes! And you can always look on google about clamped fins on bettas, and you might be able to find alot of information. Try to only go with betta sites though, not about.com and stuff. ;)

Back
Top Bottom