Big white pimples on Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jolita

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hallo,

something is wrong with my Corydoras sterbai and I can't find what it is.

He has about 5 grey-white big pimples on his body, some scale about his eyes and on the head are lost, his fins are crumbled and his colour is not as pure as it should be. He's behavior is normal. He is playing with other Corydoras, eating very well. At first I thought it could the white-spot disease and we were treating the tank with special medications, but no results at all.

Water parameters are good, except NO2 and NO3 are higher then it should be, but this is because the tank is quite new. Our fish has been living in new tank for eight days. Other fish is healthy (I hope they are, I don't see any abnormal behavior or physical disorders). My tank is 190 liters.

I attach a photo of my poor Cory. Now he is looking worse. I really hope somebody could tell what's wrong with him.

Sincerely,

jolita

Attachments

• Corydoras.jpg
    Corydoras.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 337
  • Corydoras2.jpg
    Corydoras2.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Corydoras3.jpg
    Corydoras3.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 149
  • Corydoras4.jpg
    Corydoras4.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
What are the pimples like? Do they have a cotton or string like substance on them? Do they appear to move?

From what it looks like I think it could be skin flukes
Sadly Cory's have issues with salt and that is the number one way to kill the parasite that causes it

Use Droncit or Formalin (good for if you are unsure about the illness) in a hospital tank to avoid spreading it

Make sure to raise the temperature four degrees /gradually/ and be sure to clean the tank well

I recommend adding Voogle Fish aid to boost the immune system of your fish; it also helps with healing skin infections and injuries

Those pimples are solid and nothing is moving (at least I do not see). Is it dangerous to other fish? Should I treat all tank or just remove my Cory to other tank and to treat only this one?

Those pimples are solid and nothing is moving (at least I do not see). Is it dangerous to other fish? Should I treat all tank or just remove my Cory to other tank and to treat only this one?

It definitely sounds like skin flukes then :/ You can add voogle to the whole tank but just treat the sick Cory with the items I mentioned above; it isn't dangerous as long as it is on one fish and is quarantined asap

Back
Top Bottom