Black ghost Knife rail stuck in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seththemuffin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a whole new tank set up and a new BGK that ive been super excited about finally getting. Hes a baby, -about- 4inches. Hes been doing fine and happy the past week ive had him until tonight!

I found him stuck against my Internal Power Filter AT30 ! I unplugged it and now hes in an isolation tank inside the larger tank. Hes just laying there and will sometimes get up for a couple moments. Hes not moving the back end/most of the tail where theres damage but his belly fin is still moving.

I covered the filter w a mesh so no one gets stuck into it again, and turned the adjustment flow to complete minimum.

BUT if he can survive the night, is there anything i can do to help him recover??

I love him already very much. I went out of my way and paid more money for him because i loved how much of a baby he was and his 3 white stripes on his tail. Id really hate for him to pass away :(

In my experience fish only get stuck to a filter if they are weak or sick and can't fight the suction, I could be wrong but I've had super small fish survive with 2 aq's a 110 and a 70, as for as him making it I cannot be 100% certain as if he is sick that has to be addressed, the outlook to me in grim but I've seen fish come back from having their tail bit off.

Back
Top Bottom