Black moor urgent help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
so my son was given a black moor a little over a week ago. I wasn't impressed at first due to how many tanks I already run, I put him in our old 60litre tank for him (cycled-has been for a long time) and now he is part of the family - my son loves him!!

Yesterday I noticed he didn't seem quite right and now his gills today are exposed - the covering is curled up - he won't move off the bottom of the tank!!

I asked where he was from and it's a LFS that I won't deal with a sick fish, dirty tanks and flea ridden kittens.

Any clues what's wrong and is there any way to save him??
I've never kept goldfish - so I really don't know..... He is still alive now, I added some aquarium salt but not sure what else to do!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389353861.869485.jpg

Attached a pic - sorry for quality it's phone camera...

I should also add I'm considering euthanising it so it doesn't suffer if there is nothing I can do - never have I done it so not sure how ill go if it comes to that..... Or how I'll tell Kai his little mate is gone...

Hi, I can't think of much else to do but keep the tank well aerated, water changes to keep water clean, low water flow to reduce stress and make sure temp is good. All of which you know anyways. It sounds like a hard life has been had. Fingers crossed. I guess you would have hot weather?

Yes it's been horribly hot and doesn't look to let up.

Poor little guy is still struggling along today - he is very weak and ends up floating a lot when he gets near the bubbles....

Oh no :( where are you??

We are high 30's today and for this coming week I believe - so not as bad as you but enough to make unhappy fish if I don't keep the tanks cool

Back
Top Bottom