black moore going white??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA, Tim!!! Can you possible post a pic of him? Did this happen overnight or has it been a gradual lightening over a period of time? How big is his tank & what are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? Some more will help us to help you better! :)

jlk said:
Welcome to AA, Tim!!! Can you possible post a pic of him? Did this happen overnight or has it been a gradual lightening over a period of time? How big is his tank & what are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? Some more will help us to help you better! :)

umm i would post a pic but it wont let me for some reason and i havent taken any tests yet because i just got him like two and a half weeks ago but i am soon hopefully and his tank is a ten gallon :)

umm i would post a pic but it wont let me for some reason and i havent taken any tests yet because i just got him like two and a half weeks ago but i am soon hopefully and his tank is a ten gallon :)

I am suspicious of your water quality. Moors can change colors but this happens over months/years, not days. Did you cycle this tank before getting him? Do you have an API/other test kit for checking ammonia/nitrite/nitrate? The 10g may work for now but you will have to upgrade his tank soon. Fancies need atleast 20gal for one fish. If your on a computer, click on the paperclip above & you should be able to browse your computer for pics to upload.

Back
Top Bottom