Black spot on molly!! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iv bout the plants... They have a metal ring around the bottom with a sponge silly question but does that all need to be taken off?

Yes try to get as much songs as you can out of the roots without damaging the roots. The best way I've found to do it is take a bucket of old tank water or you could use a bucket of dechlorinated water and pull the spongey stuff off with it submerged.

Songs?? So I take the sponge and the metal off? I don't understand what you mean :/ xx

JadeandScott said:
Songs?? So I take the sponge and the metal off? I don't understand what you mean :/ xx

Take it all off. It helps the store tell how much one "unit" is , you want the plants to grow and expand so take off the sponge and the metal ring

Ah ok :) I have bought two units.
So i just take off the ring and sponge and put them in? Do I bury the roots under the gravel?
(really sorry if these are obvious questions we've never done it before and don't want to harm the fish) x

JadeandScott said:
Ah ok :) I have bought two units.
So i just take off the ring and sponge and put them in? Do I bury the roots under the gravel?
(really sorry if these are obvious questions we've never done it before and don't want to harm the fish) x

What kind of plants are they? You just take the bottom of the stem and make sure there is no more sponge or any metal ring left, and bury the stem in the gravel. Some plants can also do well floating, so if you want to try that you can.

I can't remember what she said but the leaves look similar to these...

Will post a pic when iv put them in x

Attachments

• image-936210983.jpg
    image-936210983.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 47
Looks like anacharis. They do well floating and rooted in the sand, so its your choice

Also... We have some brown spots on the glass what are they and how do we get rid of them?

If it's a new tank, it's probably diatoms, which are harmless. Rumor has it that if you remove it manually, it will come back even worse. If you leave it alone, it will eventually go away on its own.

Iv wiped it off. But we've managed to get the plant in and the gravel cleaned :)

Attachments

• image-985132834.jpg
    image-985132834.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3402860492.jpg
    image-3402860492.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom