My Molly's spine is curved?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cusumanoj9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, this is my first big fish tank and I have neon tetras , Molly's and guppies. I noticed last night the black Molly had a curved spine and can't swim higher than a few inches from the bottom of the tank, what do I do and what is happening to my black Molly?

Black Molly/ curved spine

Here the picture

Attachments

• 20230808_214152.jpg
    20230808_214152.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 15
Curved spine

Picture #2

Attachments

• 20230808_214201.jpg
    20230808_214201.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 11
My black Molly keeps swimming in spirals...I feel so bad. What did I do to this poor guy? Is it going to die?

My black Molly keeps swimming in spirals...I feel so bad. What did I do to this poor guy? Is it going to die?
Sadly, at this stage, there really isn't anything you can do. I was hoping that maybe this was a female in labor but there wouldn't be twirling if that was the case. This may have been something in the fish the whole time you've had it.

With all that said, how long have you had the fish? Did you do any kind of quarantine when you got the fish? What have you been feeding the fish? What are your water parameters? D you have any other mollies in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom