Black Variatus Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkjk

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I just recently noticed that after adding new fish to my 20 gallon aquarium, my black platy has it's fins clamped, yellow eyes and is just hanging around the heater. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Water conditions? Aquarium salt, pristine water parameters, and anti-parasitic food will help too, cause it sounds like a parasite.

The water is pretty clear, amonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 0 and ph 7.0. i feed him flake food but my tank just cycled a month ago.

Ok, then go out and buy some anti-parasite food, and aquarium salt, along with another bottle of your usual food. Sounds like a parasite.

I have Variatus as well...one of my favorite fish :) I have noticed clamped fins from time to time with mine when nothing else appeared to be wrong..strange. It doesn't seem possible your nitrate is 0....did you just fill the aquarium and add the fish today??

Check out the link in my signature on fishless cycling... You're gonna want to consider taking those guys back to the store.

no i mean i cycled the aquarium a month ago without fish and i put these guys in about two weeks ago. two days ago i added new fish and i began to notice the problem

Oooooh. Then never mind! Stick to what I originally posted. It is weird that you'd have no nitrates... Faulty test maybe?

Hellppp!! I looked at my platy and i found him upright, breathing hard and all his color is lost:(

help

Attachments

• image-1242715414.jpg
    image-1242715414.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 55
ya

i think he will die soon

hes now on his side

i forgot to mention tjis but hes been bullied by my other male and had missing scales and fins because of this

hes even nipping him now:(

Back
Top Bottom