Bloated danio being chased

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emma.russell6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was wondering if anyone can give any advice about one of my danios. It is a little bloated and keeps hiding in the plants. At one point I noticed it was breathing rapidly. My other danio keeps chasing it as well. In my tank I also have 3 cardinal tetra and 2 shrimps. Thank you [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about breeding but maybe it's a SHE and SHE is pregnant? Being bloated and hiding in plants looks like signs of pregnancy to me. Just a guess though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is it normal for danios to chase each other?

Sometimes you have to know the difference between chasing a fish around and harassment. Study closely if it is just happening constantly I'd say that's not good.

I don't know because they will swim around with each other and then they will chase one another.

One fish chasing another is different than harassment ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

My tiger barbs chase each other around. Then I had a Cory cat get harassed by my dojo loach. There is a differance.

I don't know because they will swim around with each other and then they will chase one another.

From the way you worded that it sounds like they are just playing. IMO

Ohkies thank you :) I still don't know what to do about the bloating. I've read it could be constipation. So I've changed their food.

Ohkies thank you :) I still don't know what to do about the bloating. I've read it could be constipation. So I've changed their food.

No problem. Yes that is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom