Bloated male guppy - into QT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my four male guppies got bloated today. I have been carefully watching these fish since I am treating the tank for ich and he definitely was fine this morning!

My question is - assuming it is bloat and not something worse - should I separate him into qt so I can limit his food since the other three are fine...
OR just keep him where he is and fast the whole tank? They are due for a fast day anyway and I'll give them their peas tonight, fast tomorrow. Then really limit the food for the whole tank? I don't know if there is any rule of thumb on fasting during ich treatment (I am doing only heat treatment and all symptoms are gone, just finishing off the two week period)
Feed a fever, starve a cold?

I'm thinking I'll just leave him where he is, but wanted any advice on how to treat bloat in a guppy. Was this brought on by the ich, the treatment and water changes? Just getting stressed from all that? Thanks for any input you have!

IMO, minimize the stress. Don't move him until (if) you see other symptoms. Try fasting first, it won't harm your other fish.

Back
Top Bottom