cichlid parasite maybe...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariah

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have two electric yellow lab cichlids in a tank.. one is a baby and one is a female that was holding. I was just about to sell them and emailed the girl and said they were acting funny. They won't eat and if they do they spit it out or it comes out their gills. I didn't know what to do really since in over a few years this has never happened to me! I have turned the heater up a tiny bit and added 2 table spoons per 10 gallons of epsom salt. The female was hiding for over a day but since the salt she hasn't been hiding... is it getting better? What should i do? The salt has been in there for a day but they still aren't eating
Another problem.. it might have something to do with it. I looked and allllll over the glass and some floating around, are these tiny skinny long white bugs that crawl on the glass... what is that??

I have two electric yellow lab cichlids in a tank.. one is a baby and one is a female that was holding. I was just about to sell them and emailed the girl and said they were acting funny. They won't eat and if they do they spit it out or it comes out their gills. I didn't know what to do really since in over a few years this has never happened to me! I have turned the heater up a tiny bit and added 2 table spoons per 10 gallons of epsom salt. The female was hiding for over a day but since the salt she hasn't been hiding... is it getting better? What should i do? The salt has been in there for a day but they still aren't eating
Another problem.. it might have something to do with it. I looked and allllll over the glass and some floating around, are these tiny skinny long white bugs that crawl on the glass... what is that??

I an going to do another water change and try and siphon out some more of those bugs but i don't know what to do after that...

I an going to do another water change and try and siphon out some more of those bugs but i don't know what to do after that...[/QUOTE
The fish are not getting better... idk what to do :/ i am selling them both for $10 and meds are more then that...? Is that my only choice??

What are the bugs? That would worry me do you have plants??

What are the bugs? That would worry me do you have plants??

I treated the tank with general cure api. Its for parasitic things... hope it works. For the bugs i just hope they die off maybe? When i get a good chunk out in a day its all back... they are a small small white oval skinny bug that crawls and moves on the glass sides

Seems like I read on someone's thread about a worm maybe... Let me see if I can find it.

I found the thread on this page.... Titled "what is this" from yesterday I think. I asked if they figured out what it was... Maybe you can find the thread. They said micro worms and that they were good fish food, but they didn't know how to get rid of me. Good luck!

I found the thread on this page.... Titled "what is this" from yesterday I think. I asked if they figured out what it was... Maybe you can find the thread. They said micro worms and that they were good fish food, but they didn't know how to get rid of me. Good luck!

Yes i did find it thank you! Sounds like the same thing as me

Google how to get rid of micro worms. Someone had another name for them. But there was suggestions on there how to get rid of them.

The bugs are fine... the fish still aren't eating though... the treatment ended yesterday but i didn't do the end water change yesterday just to try and drag it on... I'm doing it right now. They are no longer swimming in an s shape but still spitting food out.. what do i do!!!???

Back
Top Bottom