Clear stringy poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my ryukin who has been having swim bladder issues the last two weeks has been recently pooping long clear stringy poops. He rolls over alot and does alot of bottom sitting. I feed them hikari floating pellts, pre soaked, lots of peas and baby spinach. I don't know what to do he's not getting any better.
My water paramters as of two days ago were
Am-0
NI-0
NA-5-10PPMS
PH-7.4-7.6
Does this sound like parasites? None of the other fish have any of these symptoms.

I could really use some advice, I'm planning to buy some api general cure which contains metro**** cant spell it all sorry. The stuff that's in meteromeds for internal parasites.

Ok I've done some research and what I've came up with isn't very good news. Your fish has a type of internal parasite that must be cured with antibiotic food of some sort or this med called formalin some aquarium salt would help to. But internal parasites are very hard to get rid of. I would isolate your fish from the other and begin the treatment if not your fish will sadly not make it I wish you the best of luck.

That is a link telling all you need to know about that mediation.

I realize my fish has a kind of internal parasite but my fish has none of the symptoms that particular medicine states. I was going to buy the general cure because I can get it locally and not have to order it.

Ok well that may work and if you don't have to order it you'll hopeful be able to treat your fish sooner. But that is up to you.

That may work and if you don't have to order it the. You may be able to teat your fish sooner. But this is all up to you.

I can order metro meds for 20$ or order seachem metronidole and make my own food for 14$. I'm trying to find the cheapest I can because this is coming out of my senior prom money.

Ok that's what I would do considering you don't wanna spend too much.

Hey, just thought I'd mention that I've been reading a lot on Repashy superfood, and there are testimonials that it helps fish with swim bladder issues. Might help your guy.

Back
Top Bottom