Cory Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkxrose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After I bought my albino cories, I noticed little white fibers (like cotton)on their fins. After a few days it seems to have gotten bigger and now one of my cories is going up and down in 1 corner of of the tank near the surface. I suspect that it might be a fungal infection or something but im not entirely sure.How can I treat this? I have 4 cories with a pearl gourami in a 20gal long. Pearl is as healthy as ever.
Water parameters are fine.
*I have QuICK cure, relief for protozoan parasites and ick (active ingredients: formalin, malachite green.) Also have aquarium salt. If these won't work, what meds should i buy?

If you think it's a fungus, you should use Melafix and Pimafix. They are all natural and won't kill your biological filter. I would get them ASAP.

By "fine".... you mean what parameters exactly? What is your water change schedule? How long has the tank been set up? Good water would be my first goal before medicating.

PH is 7.2, ammonia and nitrites are always at 0 (used API test kits.)
Temperature is at 78 degrees.
I change about 25% every 2 days.
Tank was set up for a month. (with a filter used in a previous aquarium, about 6 months old.)

I am currently using pimafix. :s

After 1 dosage in several hours I see that all of the cottony stuff disappeared. They look normal now. This stuff is great :)

Back
Top Bottom