Discoloration...Normal or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aCHadien

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Discolored fish. But I don't know if it was there before got the fish from a previous owner. He was hiding alit. Just noticed that today.

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Scavenger / pleco
2~What are your tank parameters ph 7, 0 amo, 0 nitrite, nitrate bellow 50ppm
3~ 32 gallon 4 weeks but got it from previois owner. I kept 50% of water in the moving process.
4~What type of filtration are you using? Aquatech 20-40 + since yesterday fluval c4
5~How many fish are in the tank?
2-guppys
2 mid size tetra
1 angel fish
2- small red nose tetra
2- gold barb.
1- pleco
6~When is the last time you did a water change: today did a small one. Every week doing a 25% change. Did a 40% last week, nitrate was around 75 ppm.
7~ hard to say I got the fish and the tank from previous owner. The pleco is around 7 inches.
8~ add 2 Guppy's and 1 angel fish 2/weeks ago?
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? Started nutrafin basix 2 weeks ago but just give one tablet every 2 days but nothing last week.

I don't know if I need to feed a scavenger or the debris if the tank is enough?

Attachments

• 1416537303101.jpg
    1416537303101.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 72
Looks stressed.

I would continue to work on lowering your nitrates. Also, you should really be feeding it not just letting it find leftover food. Many plecos are reclusive when the lights are on.

On I will restart to feed him and try to lower the light. Not easy when the aquarium is close the T.V

1 tablet per two days should be enough?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom