do common gold fish family disturbs oranda gold fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All goldfish except for the most fancy and delicate ones won't be hurt by being kept with other variations.

Delicates include celestial eyed goldfish, bubble eyed goldfish and some other extremely delicate strains should not be kept with rowdy fish like comets or common gold fish.

the slimmer shape ones like commons also swim faster and more actively than some fancys and can get a bit bullyish. its kinda dependant on the individual fish tho. some get on fine some dont.

today i have checked common gold fish and oranda gold fish for 20 - 30 minutes and saw common gold fish disturbing oranda gold fish.

i am finally going to remove common gold fish kids tomorrow.

Common goldfish are much faster & will eat all the food before the slower fancies. Some of the fancies (like metallic fantail, moors) can hold their own, and most orandas can hold off same sized commons (tho not a 12-18" one!).

Apart from competing for food, goldies of all types tend not to bully each other. They are schooling fish & so won't have territorial issues. What you saw ("common disturbing oranda") may well be mating behavior. The males will chase the females, esp. during spring. This is not limited to commons. Put a male oranda in with a bunch of females & he will go nuts too! :)

but 2 oranda gold fish died recently in my aquarium.

i noticed getting bleeding from there tails, what can be the reason there tails gets hurts ?

The tail might not be from injuries .. perhaps an infection or parasite. Simple tail injuries should not cause fish death.

How big is the tank? How long had it been set up? What is in it (fish & size)? Water change schedule? Any test levels? Added any new fish/plants recently? What were the fish like before their demise (behavior, spots, anything out of the ordinary)?

here i go

tank is very big in size 4.5 in width and 2.5 in height.

oranda gold fish tail was not having any issues before i added common gold fish family members. In night i see everyone fine but when i wake up in the morning and see them oranda gold fish tail gets red.

May be its because i didnt change water so soon. I change fresh water every month!

There are no plants since plants is not in stock in market i am unable to add them.

Common gold fish members are not too old they are teenagers. For 20 - 30 minutes i saw small common fish disturbing oranda gold fish in there stomachs which are big in size. They dont do anything even no response to any fish.

I keep oranda gold fish as they are the beautiful fish which i like a lot.

oranda gold fish which are big in size attached as pictures.

oranda was swimming so fast that i cannot take more clear pictures with my htc tatoo mobile.

Attachments

• oranda gold fisha.jpg
    oranda gold fisha.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 65
  • oranda gold fishb.jpg
    oranda gold fishb.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom