Do They Have ICK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i bought these about 3 days ago...and after 1 day i notices these specs and the next day more showed up...i belive it is ick but just wanna know for sure before i treat them....please respond as i would like to remove them if it is ick before it spreads to my other fish
thanks,
rob

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

Need Treatment advice!

in my 30 gallon my 2 german blue rams have visible ich...nothing else in the tank has any spots, my question is should i remove the 2 rams and treat them seperate or treat the whole tank...the problem there is i have plecos that will nedd to be removed during treatment....so do i treat the 2 infected fish and hope none of tghe others(3 angles, neon red gourami m/f, 1 sparkling gourami) get infected or treat the whole tank and remove the plecos

please respond quickly so i can treat the ich before it gets worse

so how much heat...about 85? how long does the heat treatment usually take?

knock it up to 86-87 degrees and continue the heat until two weeks after the last white spot is seen. Remember to raise the temp slowly over two or three days.

those high temps wontbother any of the fish ( clown plec, long fin plec, dwarf gourami, angles and the rams)

ok thanks, ill try that then, i hope it wont spread as i reaise the temps though

It has a habbit of getting worse before it gets better but remember not to give up the treatment when it clears up in a few days.. the 2-3 weeks is needed to completely kill the ich.. Good Luck! :p

Try to make it so that you can bump up the heat from 83 to 85 a little faster then you would bump up the heat elsewhere, just because I believe at 84 degrees Ich tends to get a little crazy.

Rach is correct, higher temps speed up the life cycle of ich but it isn't until you reach 86 that is starts to kill off all the ich.

yup :( start raising the temperature to 86-87 degrees and keep it up for two weeks AFTER the last white spot is seen. This will insure all ich is killed off.

Sorry for 'stealing' your thread.... Im getting my fish this week, could someone point out what you see? I don't notice anything wrong, and I dont see any white spots off hand. I just want to know what to look for. Thanks

ooh, ok. I thought it was a single white dot that was bigger. My bad. Ty for pointing that out.

Back
Top Bottom