Does my black moor have ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kkbinx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I brought him home from the store looking like he does now, but I overlooked what I think may be ich. I really hope it's not, but can someone let me know thanks.

Attachments

• image-1553409279.jpg
    image-1553409279.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-1218961735.jpg
    image-1218961735.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 103
In your pic, I can see what may be a single white dot but I can not tell if its just a spot/scrape on the scale or may be the start of ich. I do not see anything else. Does he have the classic white spots (like grains of salt or sand) anywhere on his body? Its usually most obvious on the fins or tail and would be more apparent on a black fish. How do your water parameters look (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph)?

I recently brought home a clown loach and it also had one tiny single white dot on it's side just like yours. Within 48 hours, that dot had spread to more than 10 other white dots on the loach's body. I do notice one difference though, the white dot I saw on my loach was more protruding than what seems to be on your black moor. It literally seemed like someone had glued a grain of salt on his side.

Back
Top Bottom