Dwarf shrimp with white tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEInverts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK. So my blue pearl shrimp tank has some shrimp that have white on the interior of their tails. I've searched all over and can't find out what it is. Some people on forums have said this means imminent death...thing is though, I've had these guys like this live for weeks...No known deaths.

Any ideas?

IMG00843-20101229-1203.jpg

How old are they? If they've recently turned 2-3 months then it may just be sexual maturation. In which case you've got females that are now carrying an unfertilized clutch of eggs.
Keep an eye out over the next few days to a week. If the white seems to drop toward the bottom of the tail then that's probably the case. If not, then I have no idea =/

How old are they? If they've recently turned 2-3 months then it may just be sexual maturation. In which case you've got females that are now carrying an unfertilized clutch of eggs.
Keep an eye out over the next few days to a week. If the white seems to drop toward the bottom of the tail then that's probably the case. If not, then I have no idea =/

Hmm. I guess it is possible, they are about that age. It seems as if the white on the tails lasts a while though. I'll just have to keep an eye on them, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom